Distractions like scratching forehead, shifting in chair, folding and unfolding arms, clearing throat and with each of these actions shifting gaze to other objects present in the scene and back again
Lately, having found myself in similar situation more frequently then ever before, I thought ‘Mr. So and so, you force me to stare at your face & pretend to listen to you? Very well! I'd rather make a caricature of you :P ‘ And so it started, before I knew, the caricature of my momentary foe (Mr. Speaker) started to slowly draw itself before my eyes .. prominent features of his face, shape of nose, cheek bone structure, hair style, his signature facial expression etc. Signature expression, I found, is most important. With some people, you just have to associate a smiling or grinning expression whereas with some a frowning expression makes most visual sense… hehe
But you bet, actually drawing the caricature later on isn’t an easy job. How well you are able to draw it is the direct function of how much you have come to hate (‘hate’ used in a light vein) that person after the conversation, I reckon…. I say this coz despite of all my efforts & all the good faith I put in my efforts, I could not lay my imagination on paper, until one day (or night) it happened… I drew a caricature… & no offense to that person, but she did manage to piss me off to my limits…. And boy was it marvelous!!! And was I thoroughly proud of myself!!! :D
But never happened again after that… as yet !!
Conversations go on still, and so does the speaking and more speaking, and so very well do the caricature imaginations… after all, why should the other person have all the fun ;)
1 comment:
Everything I draw is a caricature - not many would recognize whose though:-)
Post a Comment