Sunday, September 16, 2007

A beautiful day!

2:30 pm sharp as as Phillips had told me I was there right in the front of our office on 131 South Dearborn. And there he comes after some seconds, far from the other side of the building & it was the first time I saw him walking so fast as if almost running towards me & he had this huge smile on his face, which made the equally broad smile appear on my face & I too started walking towards him. Later when I and Alex were in Phillip's car going towards his home in Indiana for dinner he had so generously invited us to, the scene replayed in my mind. To me it was a classic moment when human goodness surfaces. Phillips and I have been working together for the past one year, we have discussed technical puzzles over the phone or on emails, have trained each other on our respective areas of expertise, we have had weekly status calls, everything on a very professional level, but this was different, very different. It was simply a human meeting another human & both trying their best to make the moment special for each other other, trying to give their best to each other in that moment. I could almost feel the goodness in his beautiful gesture of smiling & walking fast towards me. I mean just imagine, a person almost the age of your dad, who is your teammate in office, invites you to his home for dinner & comes all the way to office to pick you up & on meeting you, he rushes towards you with a broad smile on his face as if nothing else, but meeting you, could give him that happiness at the moment. If you think about it carefully, it is one of the most beautiful feelings I have known & felt myself. As a child, I always believed in human goodness & that it existed more than we thought it did & as an adult I only seem to believe it more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.